Grammar Conventions is a unique series written by Australian teachers to provide stimulating activities that will develop students' language skills. It incorporates fun activities that address both traditional and functional grammar. The aim of Grammar Conventions is to systematically provide all students with interesting and achievable activities based on fulfilling rigorous Australian Curriculum grammatical requirements.
An extensive number of graphics has been used to assist in the easier understanding of many concepts. As new concepts are introduced teachers are given specific teaching points upon which they can focus their students' attention. The chief authors of Grammar Conventions are John Walters, a school principal, and Lauren O'Brien, teacher. In addition to these fine authors Harry O'Brien, Bill Spence, Greg Purcell, Graham Roberts and Fiona Wrigley have consulted on this series.
- Addresses Australian Curriculum content descriptions
- Functional and traditional grammar
- Types of text included in units:
- Systematically develops the fundamental and ongoing understanding of grammar
- Treats complex concepts in bite-size steps
- Includes punctuation and a broad range of language activities
- Engaging graphics and diagrams to aid understanding
- Blue shaded instructional bars give clear explanations
- Answers provided for Years 2 to 6
- NAPLAN style questioning
- Student and teacher friendly
- Beautiful full-colour design
$16.95 (inc. GST)