Grammar Conventions is an established, market-leading series of pupil workbooks and teacher resource books covering Years 1-6. The aim of Grammar Conventions is to provide students with colourful, engaging and achievable activities that seamlessly fulfil rigorous English curriculum requirements.
- Addresses Australian Curriculum content descriptions
- Functional and traditional grammar
- Types of text included in units:
- Systematically develops the fundamental and ongoing understanding of grammar
- Treats complex concepts in bite-size steps
- Includes punctuation and a broad range of language activities
- Engaging graphics and diagrams to aid understanding
- Blue shaded instructional bars give clear explanations
- Answers provided for Years 2 to 6
- NAPLAN style questioning
- Student and teacher friendly
- Beautiful full-colour design
- Written by Australian teachers and reviewed by language consultants, including university English professors
- Proudly printed in Australia to support Australian jobs
$18.95 (inc. GST)
Teacher Books with Games
Grammar Conventions Teacher Books with Games are designed to assist busy educators with the implementation of a structured, syllabus-specific grammar program. The resources discuss, inform, instruct and extend the learning presented in the student workbooks.
An extensive number of graphics has been used to assist in the easier understanding of many concepts. As new concepts are introduced teachers are given specific teaching points upon which they can focus their students' attention. The chief authors of Grammar Conventions are John Walters, a school principal, and Lauren O'Brien, teacher. In addition to these fine authors Harry O'Brien, Bill Spence, Greg Purcell, Graham Roberts and Fiona Wrigley have consulted on this series.
To maintain an economical price for teacher resources, the physical Teachers’ Books are printed in black and white, with some beautiful full-colour games inserted.
Schools that purchase class sets of the student books and teachers' book, can access free yearly online resources for that class or grade, including instructional videos and the full-colour online teachers’ books.
Teachers’ Books with Games include:
- educator background knowledge for every grammatical concept taught in workbooks
- detailed weekly lesson plans
- explicit step-by-step teaching guidance aligned with student workbook content
- learning intentions and success criteria
- fun games and hands-on activities to consolidate learning through play and enjoyment
- formative and summative assessment ideas and/or tips
- differentiation options to help meet the demands of a diverse classroom
- early finisher tasks
- workbook answers
$69.95 (inc. GST)
Teacher’s Book with Games